1. Encouraging Efficient Use of Vision in Students with CVI by Diane Sheline at; http://www.strategytosee.com
2. Developing Visual Skills for Children who Face Cortical Visual Impairments, by Linda J. Burkhart at: http://www.csun.edu/cod/conf/2003/proceedings/277.htm
3. Strategies for Working with Children with Cortical Visual Impairment, by Jeanne Gardier. You can locate it at: http://www.pattan.net/files/db/cvi.pdf
4. Devising Strategies to Optimize Home and School Life for Children with Visual Impairment Due to Damage to the Brain
5. Intervention Strategies for a Student with Cortical Visual Impairment, by Alan Weinstein at: http://www.sesa.org/newsltr/ref_CVI/cvi5.html An additional CVI Fact Sheet (which expands on Mr. Weinstein’s original Strategies sheet), can be found by Googling: Idaho Project for Children and Youth with Deaf-Blindness Fact Sheet
6. Deaf-Blind Perspectives, Volume 13, Issue 3, Spring 2006, Cortical Visual Impairment: Guidelines and Educational Considerations, by Susan Edelman, Peggy Lashbrook, Annette Carey, Diane Kelly, Ruth Ann King, Christine Roman-Lantzy, and Chigee Cloniger
7. Tips for Home or School. Cortical Visual Impairment, by MaryAnn Demchak, Charmaine Rickard, and Marty Elquist. January 2003. Nevada Dual Sensory Impairment Project. Google this title as this is a PDF file
8. Instructional Strategies for Students with Cortical Visual Impairment, by Patricia Morgan
9. Cortical Visual Impairment, Characteristics of Cortical Visual Impairment Checklist , by Kathleen Appleby at:
10. Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired offers a training video through their outreach program. Go to; http://www.tsbvi.edu/cvi-exercise
and click on links on the left to see the training.
11. Emerald Events offers a great on-line course by Dr. Gordon Dutton titled, “Cerebral Visual Impairment: A Practical Approach”. Go to; https://www.emeraldeducationsystems.com/
to access this three part course.
12. “What Can I Do For My Child” is a resource for parents and caretakers written by Maurice Sparrow. You can access this online resource at; http://www.seeingbrain.com/cvi%20book.htm